Meta is looking for a Privacy Communications Manager based in Bogota, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, or Sao Paulo. This person will join a central Policy Communications team for Latam and will focus on privacy and integrity issues.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in building strong narratives and arguments around some of the most relevant debates in the tech industry. This person will be detail-oriented, with a deep understanding of the media landscape in Latin America, and able to follow regulatory trends and initiatives.
Privacy Communications Manager – Latam Responsibilities:
- Design and execute communication strategies to help inform the press, regulators and outside groups on Meta’s approach to privacy and integrity.
- Work closely with regional and central teams in the U.S. to understand and create communications initiatives that support and protect our reputation
- Advise communications teams across Latin America
- Understand and follow regulatory privacy and content trends in the region
- Identify communications opportunities out of global and local announcements to explain Meta’s work around privacy and other topics like integrity and security
- Develop and pitch stories for different audiences and in different formats
- Track and build relationships with specialized press and newsmakers across the region
- 7+ years of experience in journalism, communications or public relations, both agency and in-house preferred
- Proven writing and story-telling skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups including legal, public policy, media partnerships and others regionally and internationally
- Passion for understanding complex policy and regulatory issues and the most relevant debates in tech industry
- Knowledge about the cultural and political nuances across Latin American and its media landscape
- Able to build relationships with press and external stakeholders
- Fluent Spanish or Portuguese
- Detail-oriented, able to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Strong English communications skills
- Problem solver
- Proven skills in managing complex discussions under pressure
- Able to find and implement alternative solutions to recurrent issues