Reuters is seeking a senior Visuals Journalist with core skills in Photography and an ability to shoot video to join our team in France.
The winning candidate must have a proven track record as a team player, be a self-starter with plenty of initiative to generate story ideas and inject a creative approach to storytelling. The successful candidate will work closely with the bureau to produce high quality multimedia stories in a fast-moving business.
The ideal candidate should have extensive understanding of the news agenda in France and experience in covering all kinds of news events from politics, sports and entertainment, to culture and business news. To become our senior Visuals Journalist, you need to have at least four years of field experience, be fluent in English and French and have an ability to think outside the box to ensure we get the best multimedia content at the quickest time possible.
Previous work experiences on video projects and an ability to use video editing software will be highly appreciated. Experience managing a team would be an asset.
You will work closely with the Visuals Chief Producer for France and Benelux and deputize for him when needed.
About the Role
As senior Visuals Journalist you will:
- Cover news events and feature stories of international interest in an integrated, multimedia newsroom
- Help coordinate a team of visuals journalists across the region
- Serve as mentor and guide to visuals journalists as they cover news and tell in-depth stories
- Respond quickly to breaking news, whilst prioritizing responsibilities, monitoring social media and sourcing third-party content
- Lead a team of visual journalists
- File from the field and write accurate captions quickly without errors
To be our senior senior Visuals Journalist you will likely have:
- Excellent news judgment and a keen eye for visuals stories
- An ability to operate DSLR cameras and file pictures without edits
- Knowledge in video editing and script writing or at least willingness to learn
- An interest in digital reporting and live video
- An ability to multitask while working under pressure to produce accurate, compelling stories within tight deadlines
- A willingness to work long hours and travel on short notice when needed
- Excellent communication skills, proven track record as team player
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French
- A passion to learn new skills and adapt to new tools and technology
What’s in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Please note, the deadline for applications is Friday 11 November
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity andfreedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time