2021 IDB Remote Summer Internship Program | Innovation for Citizen Services Division (IFD/ICS)
Background of this search:
The Innovation for Citizen Services Division of the Institutions for Development Department is looking for an active graduate student (Master or Ph.D.) or recent graduate (graduate-level program) with cybersecurity, communications, education, or related academic background to be hired as a Remote Summer Intern under Products and External Services Consultant (PEC) modality.
The team’s mission:
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), through the Innovation for Citizen Services (ICS) Division of the Institutions for Development (IFD) Department, strengthens the institutional capacity of our Member States to provide better services to citizens through digital solutions and innovation, supporting the modernization of public management, and promoting citizen security. Within ICS, the Data-Driven Digital Government (DDG) Cluster promotes the improvement of the quality of citizen services through digital transformation. In this context, the strengthening of cybersecurity in the region is essential to safeguard citizens’ rights in the digital sphere, such as privacy and property, as well as to promote citizens’ trust in digital technologies. The Remote Summer Intern will collaborate with the Cybersecurity Team, housed within the DDG cluster, which carries out a variety of projects aimed at strengthening the capacity of the region’s public sector to protect its data and systems.
What you will do:
- Support the development of online training sessions on technical, methodological, policy-related, or other cybersecurity topics.
- Review and contribute to the development of knowledge and training materials in Spanish and/or English.
- Provide research assistance to support cybersecurity knowledge generation activities and products, as needed.
Deliverables and Payments timeline:
With the guidance of a cybersecurity specialist
- Plan for the development of training sessions (content, structure, and timeline)
- Draft scripts and other learning materials for training sessions
- Finalized scripts and other training materials for training sessions
The payment schedule will be as follows: 25% on June 30, 25% on July 15, 25% on July 30, and 25% on August 13, 2021.
What you will need:
- Education: Active graduate student (Master or PhD. program) or recent graduate from a graduate-level program (maximum of 1 year after graduation date) in cybersecurity or other technology-related careers, communications, education, or related disciplines in an accredited university.
- Experience: Minimum two years of experience, including two semesters of experience in teaching, content planning, design, and development of e-learning materials. Experience in audiovisual production is an advantage.
- Languages: Be proficient in English and Spanish. Working knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
- Soft Skills: Self-management, flexibility, dependability, relationship building, results-driven, with strong communication skills.
- Technical skills: Familiarity with IT terminology, basic familiarity with cybersecurity terminology and concepts. Knowledge of audiovisual production tools and techniques is an advantage.
Remote Internship under PEC modality Requirements:
To be part of our Remote Internship you will need to comply with all the following requirements:
- Be a national of an IDB member country.
- Be minimum 23 years of age as of the starting date of the remote Summer Internship.
- Be an active graduate student (Master or PhD. program) or recent graduate from a graduate-level program (maximum of 1 year after graduation date) in an accredited University.
- For active graduate students, submit academic transcripts as an attachment to the application, demonstrating a minimum of 50% of coursework completion and issued within the last 3 months.
- For recent graduates, submit a valid certificate with a graduation date no older than June 17, 2020, as an attachment to the application.
- Not be former staff member, Complementary Workforce (“CW”), contractors for the Corporation or the Bank or have previously provided services to the Corporation or the Bank through a contractor or under any other contractual modality.
- Not have family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB or IDB Invest.
- Have access to an Internet connection.
Candidates with more than 3 applications in the 2021 Remote Summer Internship Program for IDB, IDB Lab, and IDB Invest will be automatically disqualified.
- Type of contract and modality: Remote Summer Intern hired under Products and External Services Consultant (PEC) modality
- Length of contract: Two months
- Internship date: June 16 to August 15, 2021
- Location: Remote
- Responsible person: Sector Senior Specialist (IFD/ICS).
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative, and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee, you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
We encourage women, afro-descendants, people of indigenous origins, and persons with disabilities to apply.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Bank, we are devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we have been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills but also are passionate about improving lives.
Accessibility, Logistics, and Expenses: In case of providing services on your post of hire, or an alternate location, the contractual remote intern will be responsible for setting telephone and computer accesses required to provide the services under this Agreement. The contractual remote intern is fully responsible for any expenses incurred for these purposes, such as but not limited to computer, phone lines, and/or network connections. Also, the intern must be accessible to be contacted and respond within a reasonable time frame (1 day) by means of telephone and/or e-mail for matters related to this contract.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.Additional Information
- External Opening Date: Mar 2, 2021
- External Closing Date: Mar 14, 2021
- External Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- External Contact Name: HR Shared Services