ÚNICAMENTE PARA ESTUDIANTES AVANZADOS
Design and produce promotional material for circulation at activities and events. These would include the design and production of invitations, flyers, banners, videos, etc.
· Contribute with ideas and assist in planning events to deliver Embassy objectives.
· Assist the Communications Officer in contacting and inviting media to Embassy activities.
· Support the Communications Officer in further developing the Embassy’s website and social media platforms.
· Support the Communications Officer in producing promotional material for journalists and guests, through research and drafting.
· Assist in managing media for Embassy’s projects and activities.
· Monitoring media for specific news and references.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Essential on arrival:
· Basic graphic designing skills.
· Basic photo and video editing.
· Working knowledge of social networks.
· Good writing/drafting skills in both Spanish and English (minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent).
· Research experience (sources, internet searches).
· Ability to work well with others.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
· Able to show initiative.
· Previous campaign experience.
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at Pace
22 March 2020
Type of Position
Part-Time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Working hours per week
Latin America and Spanish speaking Caribbean
Type of Post
Number of vacancies
Starting monthly salary (ARS)
4 May 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment
According to Internship Regulation in Argentina, only candidates that finish their studies once the internship contract expires will be eligible for the position (Law 26427).
You must already have the legal status to live and work in Argentina.
Learning and development opportunities
The Communications Intern will be able to participate in any training delivered in-house, and will have the opportunity to complete any e-learning or Diplomatic Academy chapter he/she finds relevant to their position.
Total working hours: 20 hours per week; 09:00-13:00 (4 hours per day) but can be flexible to accommodate classes.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Vacancy – Communications Intern – British Embassy Buenos Aires
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Communications, Press and Media
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job
In Financial Year (FY) 20-21, the Embassy’s Communications Team will mainly focus its public diplomacy activities on strengthening the Argentina-UK relationship, including protecting and promoting the UK’s prosperity, security and people-to-people links and looking to develop business opportunities.
The Communications Intern will help the team make the most of the opportunities that will arise to promote the UK to a targeted audience. It will require communication skills (drafting, editing, designing) to be able to contribute to public diplomacy ideas, planning and delivering events as well as liaising with customers.