You have a passion for video and a dedication to upholding editorial integrity. You thrive in the fast-paced, 24/7 world of news, sports and entertainment, working accurately and efficiently under deadline.
You have excellent news judgment and are proficient in video captioning, metadata, keywording. You are a self-starting, multitasking, detail-oriented teammate who can also assume individual responsibility for issues when they arise. You want to work for one of the world’s leading creators of images and video with some of the best editorial photographers and videographers in the world.
Your Next Challenge
- Accurately and quickly review and edit live and non-live daily videos to meet Getty Images guidelines: assign captioning, meta-data, keywording, ranking and approving content for quality.
- Edit raw footage into clips, using editing software (Adobe Premiere) for stabilization, color coding, audio and story content and feedback to contributors and shooters on content, technical and data corrections.
- Exercise solid news judgment; maintain a high level of journalistic knowledge and awareness on current and trending global news, sports and entertainment events.
- Monitor breaking stories trending in real-time and engage with appropriate video, prioritizing and uploading content to the site.
- Prioritize tasks according to relevancy and deadlines
- Maintain a regularly updated slack channel with top stories for marketing newsletters and social postings.
What You’ll Need
- Relevant experience in the editorial video industry.
- Knowledge of video and digital imaging tools; experience with industry-standard editing tools such as Adobe Premiere and asset management software.
- Journalistic writing and copy-editing skills.
- Video footage editing skills.
- Solid news and video judgment with a commitment to editorial integrity.
- Keen awareness of current news, sports and entertainment stories.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently multitask in a fast-paced environment with high-pressure breaking news situations while maintaining thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Proficiency in Premiere and knowledge in Adobe systems and applications.
- Ability to work flexible, non-traditional hours and willing to work weekends, nights & holidays.
Nice To Have
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry-style captioning and IPTC metadata standards.
- Understanding of video usage rights and licenses.
- Knowledge of Media Encoder, Dropbox and Export settings.
- Photography editing skills.
What You Can Expect (Mental And Physical Demands)
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.