- Plan and manage all daily editorial operations
- Control schedules and deadlines
- Take care of the production of all editorial materials in English and Spanish
- Produce new and innovate contents and formats and/or edit submitted content for publication on digital and online media. Takes professional care of titles, photographs and interactive/audiovisual related materials to promote one consistent voice in messaging.
- Assure quality of editorial work (data, language, expressions) and manages approvals whenever sensitive information is to be posted.
- Interact with editors of the various companies of the Techint Group to share best practices, streamline content uploads and ensure content is up-to-date and relevant.
- Attend events (online or in person) on behalf of the company
- Analyze readership’s indicators and behaviors to understand how to generate greater reader’s engagement and fidelity
- Propose innovations/improvements on the intranet and existing publications (new sections, formats, new storytelling techniques)
- Prepare an effective budget and control of expenses
The candidate has to demonstrate to possess:
– Writing skills. Excellent writing skills and capacity – in English as well as in Spanish with good grammar and syntax
– Creativity and curiosity. Outstanding creativity, insight, and a positive, go-to attitude
– Interpersonal skills. Capacity to effectively interact and work closely with a very diverse team of editors as well as with different company departments
– Organization skills. Strong organizational and time management skills:
– Attention to detail. Excel in spotting mistakes and errors, ensuring the writing follows the style of the company
– Good judgment to decide if stories are ethical and if there’s enough evidence to support them
– Motivated, independent, result-oriented, and professional.
– Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or a similar subject.
– Expect to show previous writing and copyediting material, including different forms of media
– Bilingual Spanish/English
– Knowledge of photography desired
4-5 years of previous experience working in editorial projects and newsrooms, publications, etc.