As a digital editor at Beat, you will be responsible for the content in a new, exciting publication that dives deep into cities. You are already passionate about Buenos Aires and all its glorious, hidden gems.
You will define the resources needed to bring this project to completion—resources that have a unique outlook and insight into Buenos Aires life. You will create helpful, insightful articles about unexpected parts of the urban experience in Buenos Aires. You will tell stories that engage, delight, and provoke, the kind of stories that millennials are proud to share with their peers.
You will refine a content strategy on-the-fly and iterate based on data and user insights. You will deliver print magazine-quality pieces on a weekly basis. You will get your hands dirty, researching and writing your own stories.
You are as comfortable talking about pop-up restaurants as you are editing a piece about the up-and-coming art scene in Buenos Aires. You know how to reach Argentinian millennials, even if you aren’t one. You have an exemplary command of both Spanish (including slang) and English. You walk the walk: you draft your content until its air-tight and the headline is as punchy as it gets.
You have a good eye for visuals and photography. Layout is important to you, and stock images won’t cut it. You play well with designers, motion designers, and creative directors: you can speak their language and exchange constructive, respectful feedback.
You are channel-agnostic: You know great content for social media, print, newsletters, and digital.
What you’ll have to do:
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content
- Build relationship with external and internal collaborators
- Facilitate layout of images, graphics, videos and other artwork
- Regularly check and track content
- Proofread and edit material
- Work in a multidisciplinary team with professionals such as web designers, marketing executives, instagrammers, and photographers to improve content strategy
- Produce with SEO best practices in mind
- Use social media for better presence
- Adhere to copyright, privacy standards, and company policies
- Determine and track important KPIs
- Optimize content based on data (website analytics)
- Produce and present portfolio performance
- Keep abreast with new trends in web technology
What you need to have:
- Previous working experience as a Digital Editor for 5 years
- Excellent proofreading, editing, and copywriting skills
- Available portfolio of published work
- In-depth knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Attention to detail
- Creative and critical thinker
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, in both English and Spanish
- MA in journalism, communications or similar relevant field