● Collaborate with our Communications Team to develop strategic plans for the sharing and promotion of content and campaigns across WIEGO’s social media and email marketing channels;
● Develop and manage organic and paid content on our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn);
● Coordinate the production of infographics and other visual materials for dissemination via social media;
● Develop and implement WIEGO’s email marketing strategy (including compiling and editing our newsletters);
● Analyze and prepare monthly reports including key metrics on growth, engagement and impact of WIEGO social media and email marketing efforts;
● Identify opportunities to further develop and refine WIEGO’s digital marketing strategy based on key metrics and industry best practices;
What you bring:
● 3+ years of social media management and email marketing experience, preferably for a non-profit or research-based organization.
● Post-secondary education (or equivalent experience) in a related field such as Journalism, Communications, International Development or Political Science.
● Significant experience in planning, developing and implementing online advocacy campaigns.
● Interest/experience working on social justice, human rights, women’s rights and/or workers’ rights issues. Understanding the issues surrounding informal work is a plus.
● Fluency in English (reading, writing, speaking) plus have very good command of French and/or Spanish (preferably both). You should feel comfortable developing text for social media assets in English, French and Spanish.
● Knowledge of best practices related to social media management.
● Experience managing social media sites, including use of Hootsuite, paid social media ads and analysis of social media campaigns.
● Experience with Mailchimp or other programs for e-newsletter production.
● Ability to collaborate with others in a virtual team environment.
● Excellent judgement, ability to work well autonomously with limited supervision, and adaptable when directed.
Time Frame: 3 month initial contract, extendable to one year subject to satisfactory performance and thereafter renewable on a yearly basis.
To apply for this position: please submit a resume, a cover letter explaining how you fulfill the skills required, along with 2 writing samples. Please submit this to firstname.lastname@example.org – direct applications on LinkedIn will not be accepted
Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and reviewed upon receipt. Interviews will be scheduled with selected candidates. We encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible as the posting may be removed when the position is filled.
Final date for applications is October 1st at 11:59pm ET.